The combination of the goat cheese, pistachios, leafy greens, and grilled fruit in this grilled peach and watermelon salad makes it the perfect summer salad for days when you have the grill out!
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 peaches, pitted, halved and sliced into 1-inch quartered wedges
- 1/2 small watermelon (about 2-3 cups), rind removed and sliced into wedges
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 ounces semi-hard Sheep or Goat Milk Cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
In a small bowl, whisk to combine all the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
Grill the watermelon and peach wedges at 450°F until the fruit has cooked through and grill marks have occurred on both sides.
To serve, toss the arugula in a medium bowl with half of the dressing. Transfer the dressed greens on a serving platter or plates. Arrange the grilled fruit and blackberries over the top of the greens, top with the shaved cheese, the remaining dressing, and scatter with pistachios.