- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed juice, from 2 mandarin oranges
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups dry Sun Harvest Organic Whole Grain Red and White Quinoa*
- 1, 15-ounce can Sun Harvest Organic Garbanzo Beans*, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 8 mandarin oranges, peeled and sliced
- *Available at Smart & Final grocery stores
Make the dressing: Combine all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside and discard the smashed garlic clove before serving.
Cook the quinoa: Place the quinoa in a large saucepan with 5 cups water over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and drop down to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes and cook until tender. There will be some water leftover. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Make the salad: To the mixing bowl, add the chickpeas, chopped green onions, parsley, cilantro, dates, and half of the pomegranate arils and pistachios. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat. Transfer to a large serving plate and top with the sliced oranges. Top with the remaining pomegranate arils and pistachios and enjoy immediately.
Note: Salad will keep well covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.