- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed juice, from 2 mandarin oranges
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups dry Sun Harvest Organic Whole Grain Red and White Quinoa*
- 1, 15-ounce can Sun Harvest Organic Garbanzo Beans*, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 8 mandarin oranges, peeled and sliced
- *Available at Smart & Final grocery stores
Make the dressing: Combine all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside and discard the smashed garlic clove before serving.
Cook the quinoa: Place the quinoa in a large saucepan with 5 cups water over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and drop down to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes and cook until tender. There will be some water leftover. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Make the salad: To the mixing bowl, add the chickpeas, chopped green onions, parsley, cilantro, dates, and half of the pomegranate arils and pistachios. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat. Transfer to a large serving plate and top with the sliced oranges. Top with the remaining pomegranate arils and pistachios and enjoy immediately.
Salad will keep well covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Fiber: 9g