- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed (about 1 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 head radicchio, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus a few whole leaves for garnish
Make the quinoa: In a saucepan over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Add the quinoa and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer until the grains are tender and the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl.
Make the dressing: whisk the lemon juice, mustard, maple syrup, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. In a slow stream, pour in the olive oil and keep whisking until emulsified. Alternatively, place all ingredients in a small jar with a lid, and shake until emulsified.
Make the salad: To the bowl of warm quinoa, add the radicchio, dried cherries, pistachios, and chopped parsley and stir to combine. Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss until coated. Let sit for 10 minutes for the quinoa to absorb the dressing. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with whole parsley leaves. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Notes: Salad will keep well covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Salad dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.