- 1 medium lemon
- 1 medium lime
- 1 medium orange
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sherry or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios, very finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch green kale, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, stems sliced and leaves roughly chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup sliced mandarin oranges
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 large avocado, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 small purple sweet potato, roasted and sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup pistachios
Make the dressing: Zest all the citrus into a bowl (halve the fruit and squeeze all the juice into the same bowl to get 2/3 cup fresh juice). Whisk in the honey, vinegar, finely chopped pistachios, salt, and several twists of black pepper. Taste and adjust with more honey, vinegar, or black pepper, if needed, to make flavor more vibrant. Whisk in both sesame and olive oils in a steady stream until vinaigrette is loosely emulsified.
Make the salad: Add the kale and chard to the bottom of a large serving bowl and top with pomegranate arils, mandarin slices, bell pepper, avocado, blueberries, and sweet potato arranged and separated by ingredient, in a circular pattern, like the colors of a rainbow.
To serve, thoroughly toss the vinaigrette in with the salad, top with pistachios instead of croutons, and serve right away.
Notes: Salad will keep well covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Salad dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.