- 1/2 clove garlic, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons preserved lemon
- 2 teaspoons sweet onion or shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ bunch cilantro, stems removed and chopped
- 1 ½ cups packed basil leaves, stems removed, plus a few extra leaves as garnish
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound yellow and green squash, chopped (about 4 medium squash)
- 2 bell peppers, any color variety
- 1 cup whole cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the garlic, preserved lemon, onion, capers, anchovies, and vinegar in a food processor until the ingredients come together. Add the fresh herbs, with the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil until a bright green, chunky mixture forms. Squeeze in the lemon juice and season with a pinch of sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the prepped veggies and a ¼ cup of the salsa verde. Toss until evenly coated and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables at 450°F until they have cooked through and have marks on both sides from the grill. Transfer to a serving plate, drizzle with a few tablespoons of the salsa verde, garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.
- Double or triple the salsa verde recipe and save some for later! In addition to grilled vegetables, it’s delicious as a topping on fish, chicken or steak. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for later use.
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 260mg | Fiber: 3g