Patricia Bannan, M.S., R.D., is a Los Angeles-based registered dietitian specializing in nutrition and health communications. She develops news segments for television stations, writes articles for magazines, and serves as a consultant and spokesperson to PR agencies and industry groups nationwide. She is the author of Eat Right When Time Is Tight: 150 Slim-Down Strategies and No-Cook Food Fixes.
Patricia has conducted more than 1,000 media interviews over the past decade, including guest appearances on The TODAY Show, The Doctors, ABC News, Fox News Channel and CNN. She has written for and been interviewed by such leading magazines as O, The Oprah Magazine, People, Self, Shape, Fitness, Glamour, Parenting, Men's Health, Redbook and Good Housekeeping. In the broadcast news arena, she worked as health reporter and producer for CNN.
Passionate about helping children and adults implement easy steps to improve their lives, Patricia’s creative and doable health messages reach 6 million people each day through the in-school and corporate wellness programs of Health-E-tips, Inc. As a public relations and food industry consultant, Patricia helps develop strategic platforms and oversees tactical execution for health professional, consumer and media outreach programs.
She graduated cum laude from the University of Delaware with a Bachelor of Science in nutrition and dietetics and completed her dietetic training at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Patricia received a Masters of Science in nutrition communication from the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University in Boston, Massachusetts.
Prior to Los Angeles, Patricia lived in New York City for several years. She is a native of Silver Spring, Maryland, which is located just ten miles outside our nation's capital.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Member
- American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, Member
- California State Dietetic Association, Member
- Dietitians in Business and Communications Dietetic Practice Group, Member
- Health-E-tips, Inc., Nutrition Adviser
- Screen Actors Guild, Member
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Dietetic Practice Group, Member
- Tufts University Center on Nutrition Communication, Advisory Board Member
- Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group, Member