- 1 1/4 cups oat milk
- 3 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or extra-virgin coconut oil), plus more for waffle iron
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Stir together the oat milk and ground flax meal in a medium bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to slightly thicken.
Preheat the waffle iron to medium heat. Meanwhile, whisk the almond and oat flours together in a medium bowl. Add the baking powder and cinnamon and whisk to combine, set aside. Add the mashed pumpkin to the flax mixture and stir in the oil, vanilla, and cider vinegar and mix well. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold with a rubber spatula just until combined.
Brush the waffle iron with oil and scoop about a ½ cup batter onto the iron. (The exact amount will depend n the waffle iron you’re using). Cook until golden, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the waffles and serve immediately with your favorite toppings. Repeat with the remaining batter. To store, transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
*Batter keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.