- 1 large green apple, cored and quartered
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 large strawberry, sliced lengthwise to make 4 “tongues”
- 8 mini marshmallows
- 8 chocolate chips
- Make the “mouths”: Cut a sliver out of the center of each quartered apple to open up the “mouth.” Fill the inside of each “mouth” with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. (As not to waste food, save the center apple slices for a snack later).
- Make the “teeth” and “tongues”: Push slivered almonds into the apple around the “mouth” to make the “teeth” and place a sliced strawberry on the bottom of each “mouth” to make the “tongues.”
- Make the “eyes”: Slice off a tiny bit of the end of each marshmallow to make one side sticky; press the sticky side of two marshmallows on the top of each “mouth” to make two “eyes.” Press a chocolate chip into each marshmallow, flat side outward, to make the center of each “eye.”
- Enjoy immediately, or store in the refrigerator for an hour or two before serving.
Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Fiber: 2g